Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wow! The last few days have been really nice with temps in the mid 60s. I can't wait for the sunny warm days ahead.
Our trip to California was enjoyable. Setting a few things aside, I'm glad we went. The boys had a great time watching their favorite Disney characters in "real life". Watching their eyes light up brought back memories of when I went to Disneyland as a child and the excitement that I felt. I couldn't believe the amount of people that were in the park Valentine's day. While I was looking across the crowds of people I wondered, how much money does Disneyland earn in one day? I did some digging and found out that the place made 21.16 million dollars a day in 2007. Holy cow! That doesn't include ticket sales for movies, any of the other parks, or revenues from the disney channel. The company is a monster. 
Since we have been back the boys have been pretty good over all. I really started to use the Love and Logic guide to parenting. Carter and Davis have been responding well to it. Basically you give the child choices, only two, and with the expectation that the parent can live with either choice. It amazing to me how much more behaved they are for me. I guess they just need to feel like they have a little more control over their livesI'm interested to see if it will stay effective.
I will try ro post again soon.

No comments: