Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A little confused

Last night, I was able to take Davis to the dinosaur museum at thanksgiving point. Heidi had taken Carter to the store with her so it was a chance to have some one on one time with my mini me. We had a good time. Davis was in charge of what we did. What a little control freak. He was constantly telling me where to go and what to do. I found it quite funny. Multiple times he told me to wait and we would do what I wanted later. I heard many of the phrases that I use with the boys pointed in my direction. Look at me, no screaming, and just a minute were the staples of his conversation.
Recently, my two little guys have been struggling with authority. I wonder if I'm not letting them have enough control, or feel like they have control, and that could be the cause of their struggle. I'm just confused at where I step in and take control. They get upset whenever I do so I guess I need to figure it out.
I often find myself wondering why I decided to have children. Deep down as I think about the reason I feel that I will get my answer later. I'm not sure what the reward will be but, I hope it will be good.
Gotta go. I won't be so sappy with my next post . I needed to get some thoughts out of my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lowell, there's a book that I read and use as a reference with Dylan called "Setting Limits with your Strong-Willed Child Eliminating Conflic by Estabishing Clear, Firm and Respectful Boundaries" by Robert Ja MacKenzie Ed.D. Just a recommendation from a parent of a similar boy... Love the blog!

Queen Mother said...

SOunds like a sweet 3 year old little boy!! ;)